At the end of each season, there will be a TAVERN CHAMPIONSHIP for all the players who are ranked at the bar. This event will be the PARTY OF THE SEASON!
On Tavern Championship Night there are actually 3 tournaments.
· Every player who has a Tavern Ranking at the bar is invited to play in this event EXCEPT for the Top 10 ranked players who receive an automatic bye into the FINALS.
· The Semi-Final tournament is a standard multi-table tournament (like you play all season) where as the Top 10% will move on to the finals.
· At the beginning of the tournament the total # of players seated should be announced as well as the number of players that will move on. This Top 10% will automatically receive seats into the Regional Championships.
THE CHAMPIONSHIP (Finals)
· Approximately 2 hours after the Semi-Finals begin; The Tavern Championships Final should occur. This is where the Top 10 ranked players in the bar and the Top 10% from the Semi-Finals will compete for the Tavern Championship. Again this is a standard multi-table tournament like you play all season.
SECOND CHANCE TOURNAMENT
· A Second Chance Tournament may be held for anyone who wants to participate. The winner of this tournament will receive one additional seat into the Regional Championships.
· The website will automatically register players for each of the Semi-Final and Final tournament.
· Approximately 2 weeks prior to the event, TDs should see a message appear on the website to schedule your Championship event.
· Regular Season Tournament scores should be updated so that the correct ranking is used when invitations are sent.
· Championship and Second Chance event scores should be updated WITHIN 24 HOURS of the event so that players receive seats into the Regional Championships.
· Make the Championship Event ONE TO REMEMBER!
· REMEMBER: Players ranked in the Top 10 CAN NOT play in the Semi-Final event.
· If there is a scheduling conflict (Holiday, make up games, etc.) the Tavern Championship dates CAN NOT be changed in the system, however changes should be announced via weekly announcements and e-mails.